We are in love with Beets this summer! We planted some in our garden this year. I have never eaten a beet before. Dr Oz said they are great for you and you can use the tops too. I figured why not. I really had no clue about canning beets so I did a couple of web searches and made up my own little recipe. So here it goes!
You'll need:
Onions
Beets
Sweet Potatoes
Salt and Pepper
Olive Oil
Rosemary
Turn on the oven to 350 to preheat. I take a cast iron skillet and drizzle a little olive oil and preheat on stove. I throw the onions and sweet potatoes in to get them started. Give em a few minutes and then toss in the beets. I'll season them a little and continue to cook on the stove until everything is nice and hot!
The oven should be ready to go so I will sprinkle a little rosemary over the top and place in the oven to cook for about 30-45 minutes.
This dish has a great texture that the kids love and beautiful color! We have had this with and without the sweet potatoes. It's great either way. Sometimes the kids don't like the rosemary so I have chopped it smaller so they don't get the large pieces. Seems to work! The night I took pictures we served this with stuffed grape leaves from Costco. We ate them but Jeff was the only one who really liked them! ;)
I made as much as my cast iron skillet could hold. These are a family favorite so there are rarely leftovers however they are great cold the next day! Enjoy






No comments:
Post a Comment